Accounting Basics For Your Business
With a solid understanding of basic accounting principles, business owners and bookkeepers can effectively communicate and interpret the financial results of their business. This program will provide participants with a foundation for developing their small business accounting methods, while serving as a platform for understanding and applying concepts presented in other SBTDC seminars related to business finances, such as QuickBooks®and Understanding Business Financials. This class is focused on the small business owner or their employee who wants to understand accounting basics to improve efficiency and accuracy of their business financial statements.
Learn basic terminology and explore typical transactions encountered in a small business environment.
- Learn why “formal books” are useful and necessary for all businesses
- Understand common accounting terminology
- Understand the difference in cash vs. accrual accounting
- Learn about the chart of accounts and “behind the software” double-entry accounting (debits & credits)
- Relate “the books” back to your financial statements
Cost: $79.00 per person.
To register, visit: